Change to First Name only on Facebook : You may just want to have only you first name as your Facebook name. For whatever reason that prompted you into making this decision, we would show you easy steps on how to in this article. Its really easy if you are Indonesian because most Indonesians have just one name, they have their settings configured this way by default. You will be requiring a VPN that allows you use an Indonesian IP address.
How to Add only First name on Facebook
Change your Language to Indonesian.
- Open Facebook in a web browser. You can use any web browser on your computer to make this change, such as Firefox or Chrome. If you’re not already signed in to your account, you will need to log in. If you don’t already have a VPN service that allows you to use an Indonesian IP address, you should get one before you continue. ZenVPN is a free option with a quick sign-up process.
- Click the down-arrow at the top-right corner of Facebook, next to the question mark (?).
- Click Settings. It’s toward the bottom of the menu.
- Click Language. It’s in the left column, towards the center.
- Click Edit next to “What language do you want to use Facebook in?” It’s the first instance of the word “Edit” in the main panel.
- From the drop-down menu, select Bahasa Indonesia.
- Click Save Changes. Keep this window open, as you’ll need it in a moment.
Changing your Name.
- Change your IP address to an Indonesian address. This is done in your VPN settings.
- Then, open your Facebook Settings. This is the browser tab you were just working in.
- Click Umum. It’s at the top-left corner of Facebook. Look for the two gear icons.
- Click Sunting next to “Nama.” It’s the first instance of “Sunting” at the top of the main panel. This opens your name in editable fields.
- Enter the name you want to use into the “Depan” field. It’s the first field on the page.
- Erase the name in the “Belakang” field. This is the third field, which is where you’ll usually find your last name.
- If a name also appears in the “Tengah” field, erase it as well.
- Click Tinjau Perubahan. It’s the blue button below your name. A confirmation pop-up will appear.
- Type your password into the “Kata sand” field.
- Click Simpan Perubahan. It’s the blue button at the bottom-right corner of the window. This saves your new one-word name.
Changing your Language Back to the Default.
- First, click Bahasa. It’s in the left column, near the center.
- Click Sunting next to “Nama.”
- Select your language from the drop-down menu.
- Click Simpan Perubahan. Facebook is now set to your default language.
This was designed to be of help to you and we hope you found it helpful.