Veronique Lewis, worked at Anything funny and brainy. ·
1. Log in to your Gmail account and click the ‘Settings’ link at the top right of the screen.
2. Click the “Labs” tab, locate “Add any gadget by URL”. Enable the option and click ‘Save Changes‘ at the bottom of the screen.
3. You will now have an option added to the Settings page entitled ‘Gadgets‘. Click this option and enter the following into the field provided, clicking ‘Add’ to save:
4. You will now have an new widget added to your Gmail sidebar. To load the widget, click ‘Expand‘ and you will be presented with a Facebook Connect button.
5. Connecting your Facebook account will require permissions to access your account, click allow and your Facebook feed will be loaded inside Gmail’s main body. If you aren’t happy with permitting access to your account, it might be worth staying away from this widget or monitoring the application if you do use it.
I don’t know that you really want to; Google and Facebook don’t play nicely together. For that same reason, I don’t know that you can.
Facebook requires an email address. You can use your gmail address to log into Facebook, but that’s not really what you’re asking.
You can set the same password for both, but the passwords won’t stay in sync if you change one of them.
But for Google to offer a “login with Facebook” option, they’d need to partner with Facebook. Google and Facebook see themselves as competitors (even if you and I don’t view them that way), and so they tend not to partner with each other.
Why do they see themselves as competitors? For one, their headquarters are geographically close to each other and I’m sure they steal talent from each other all the time. Second, Google wants to be a social network (hence, Google Plus), and Facebook has announced plans to be a search engine (although a different type of search engine with a social component). And you can use either company’ s productd to send messages to your friends (posts, IM, email).
More fundamentally, Google ( which also owns YouTube) and Facebook (which also owns Instagram) both want you to spend all your free time on their sites. Bottom line – they are competing for your attention. And that competition is pretty intense. You should feel special 🙂
Shashank Katre, Technology Enthusiast Answered Nov 7, 2016 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&…
This link will be helpful for you
That’s an easy answer: you can’t. They are different companies.
Both Google and Facebook however due to very real significance for most of their users, may be effectively “good enough external user-authentication” to also “log you into” many other sites.
This is a minor point of grammar but a common mistake (as in your question) in use of the Internet: Related Posts:
login – (noun) a term used loosely/variably to mean either user credentials (username and password combination), or a web page/control to facilitate logging in. Also written log-in.
log in – (verb) to provide user authentication credentials in order to gain secure access as an authorized user of a computer system.
So to login is incorrect. To log into or to log in to is the correct verbform of expression.
To enable this feature you need to link your Facebook to your Gmail account first. Just go to yourFacebook account settings, select Gmail in the LinkedAccounts section, and that’s it.Log in to your Gmail accountthen go to http://facebook.com.