Facebook marketplace is a simple and convenient means of selling and buying locally. You can find great deals of listing on the marketplace to make a purchase of the items you would need. The marketplace is not a standalone app on it but it is within the Facebook itself. You do not need to set up a new account to use it. On the marketplace, you can find items like TVs, clothes, cars and real estate. Most people on the app sell both old and new items. It is compatible with any device including IOS, Android, Desktops and laptops devices. The marketplace is not yet available worldwide just in 50 countries.
Regions With Access to The Marketplace
The Facebook marketplace is available in only 50 countries for now but the platform is working on making it worldwide. To use the marketplace you must be 18 years and older in the following locations;
- Costa Rica.
- The Czech Republic.
- The Dominican Republic.
- The Netherlands.
- New Zealand.
- The Philippines.
- Puerto Rico.
- South Africa.
- The United Kingdom.
- The United States.
This is the list of countries the Facebook marketplace is available to for now.
How to Sign up for Facebook
To access the Facebook marketplace settings you must have a Facebook account or you can simply sign up for a new account if you do not have. You can sign up via the Facebook mobile or the website. Follow the steps below to sign up for an account;
- Launch the Facebook mobile app if you have installed on your device or access your browser and go to www.facebook.com
- Type in a name for the account; first name and surname.
- Select the date of birth you want to use for the account.
- Fill in your phone number or email address.
- Choose your gender from the options there and then create a password for the account.
- Hit on Sign up to register.
The Facebook account will be created and Facebook will send you a confirmation mail or text to use in verifying the details of the account. You can verify by mail or code.
Logging in to your Facebook profile
If you already have a Facebook account, you can easily log in to your account by following the guide below;
- Open the mobile app downloaded on your device or go to their website at www.facebook.com
- Fill in the login details on the text box provided (phone number or email address and password of the account).
- Hit on Log in to load the Facebook account.
How to turn on or off Marketplace Notifications
You can easily turn on or off your Facebook marketplace settings like the notifications you want to receive or not. To turn marketplace notifications follow the steps below;
- Login to your Facebook Homepage.
- Go to your Settings page.
- Hit on Notifications from the page.
- Hit on Marketplace and then edit.
- Click on the On or Off next to the notification type.
Your notification settings will be turn on or off according to the way you want it to be.