Facebook is a platform through which people from far and near get connected and interact with each other. Facebook which happens to be one of the largest social network platforms has moved from just a chat and stories platform to include a platform where people can also trade their goods and services.
This is known as the Facebook Marketplace App. The marketplace feature was added for easy trading on Facebook. This marketplace allows items to be listed to a specific location where you can buy and sell without much stress. People who want to buy are allowed to preview items on sale and search for any item of their choice.
What Does the Facebook Marketplace App Do?
The Facebook Marketplace App is a digital marketplace where several different users from around and far away can come together to trade, buy and sell items.
However, the marketplace serves as a place where sellers showcase the items and prices, and buyer preview these items and engage in discussion with the seller, but every other transaction is therefore continued outside the app. This marketplace lets you to;
- Look for items to purchase.
- Discover items on sale by location or class.
- Create images and listings of items you have for sale.
- Set custom prices and items for your products.
- Send messages to buyer or sellers in order to proceed with transactions.
- Have a view of the previous transaction that has taken place.
The Facebook app does not actually take responsibility for managing the transactions for items, users and customers are the ones to work that out by themselves.
Tired of notifications from Facebook? Learn how to control them.
Who Can Use the Facebook Marketplace App?
The Facebook Marketplace App is now available and open to iPhone and Android users of about 18 years and above. The Facebook marketplace is free to sell, buy and trade products.
How to Use Facebook Marketplace App
Browse the Marketplace
- Open your Facebook on your phone.
- At the top of the app, click on the Store icon.
- Click on “Categories” at the top.
- Select the type of item you want to view.
- Browse the marketplace for the item you want.
- Click on your preferred item to get more details.
- Click on “ASK FOR DETAILS”.
- If you are really interested in the product and want to purchase it, click on “Message”.
- Click on “Save”.
Sell on the Marketplace
- Open the Facebook app and click on the Store icon at the top of the page.
- At the top left side, click on “Sell”.
- Select a type or category for the product you want to sell.
- Add the images of the items you have on sale.
- Type a title for the item.
- Enter the price of the items.
- Click on “NEXT”.
- Make a choice of the groups you would like to advertise your marketplace to
- Click on “POST”.